Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June Round Up

Soo remember that time I planned to catch up on my "Currently Reading" list? Well, I think I did a pretty good job, although I didn't completely finish everything. As you can see below, I officially gave up on three books. There are two books in which I made progress, but still haven't finished, and one that I didn't even touch. And I made absolutely no progress on The Orchid Affair, but only because I had barely started it. I will confess that I read two books not on this list, but other than that I stayed pretty true to my plan.

  1. Legend by Marie Lu - finished 6/4/15
  2. The Young Elites by Marie Lu - finished 6/6/15
  3. Panic by Lauren Oliver - finished 6/7/15
  4. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - finished 6/19/15
  5. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge  finished 6/16/15
  6. The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas - finished 6/14/15
  7. The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas - @71% (up from 26% before)
  8. The Orchid Affair by Lauren Willig - @3% (no change)
  9. Cinder by Marissa Meyer - @80% (up from 68%
  10. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa  finished 6/27/15
  11. Blythewood by Carol Goodman  finished 6/23/15
  12. Evermore by Allyson Noel  DNF @ 53%
  13. Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout   DNF/lost interest @ 77%
  14. Endlessly by Kiersten White  DNF @ 28%

I think the reason I'm struggling so hard with The Assassin's Blade and Cinder is that I know there are unpleasant things ahead for Celaena and Cinder, and it's hard for me to move forward with that knowledge. I'm still going to keep plugging away at them, though. I will eventually get to The Orchid Affair; I really love the Pink Carnation series, so I'm not worried about it falling off my radar if I move on to other books for now.

And as for the books I moved to my DNF shelf.... I think I'd like to go back to Stone Cold Touch eventually, but I think I would need to start the series over. I think I had just let too much time pass for me to comfortably pick back up, but not enough time had passed for me to restart the series without it feeling like a chore. Picking up Evermore again made me realize that I just don't have any desire whatsoever to finish this book. Maybe things pick up later in the series, but I can't imagine regretting the decision to put it down. I do feel a little weird about not finishing Endlessly, especially since I liked the first two books in the Paranormalcy series, but I just couldn't get into it. I put it down originally because I wasn't enjoying it, and I'm just going to stick with that decision.

Maybe at some point in the future I will go back and read the books on my DNF shelf, but I don't see that happening any time soon! There are just too many books out there to force myself to read something that doesn't really interest me.

How do you feel about not finishing books? What do you think about the books I just marked DNF? Are they worth getting back to?

2 comments:

  1. I really don't want to shelf any DNF (and I haven't this year yet), but at the same time, I feel like I'm torturing myself with a book that I can't stomach. As a result, I know have a massive pile of set-aside-for-now. Sigh. I really should deal with them asap.

    Have a fantastic July! You did awesome in June. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy!

      Good luck sorting through your pile of books! I will say, it feels pretty good to be on this side of the sorting :)

      Delete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS