Monday, June 22, 2015

2015 Popsugar Challenge REWRITE

Back in the early days of 2015, I had a plan. I was going to do the Popsugar Reading Challenge, and then I proceeded to pick out all 52 books based on my mood at that time. Now that we are nearing the half-way point for 2015, I thought it would be prudent to take a look at the challenge and see how I'm doing. Not surprisingly, in addition to reading a handful of the books from my challenge, I have also read a boatload of other books. And a lot of these books happen to fill criteria for this challenge, so I figured I would make my life a little simpler, and just substitute books where I see fit.

2015 Reading Challenge
Editing my original list


So here is the new list! If you want to compare it the old list, here is the link to the original post.

  1. A book with more than 100 pages: Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers  read 1/2/15
  2. A classic romance: Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
  3. A book that become a movie: Queen of the Tearling (cheating a little since this hasn't been released yet...but it is in development! If this doesn't look like it's going anywhere, I'll substitute this for something more appropriate.)  read 3/5/15
  4. A book published this year: A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas  read 3/22/15
  5. A book with a number in the title: 99 Days by Katie Cotugno
  6. A book written by someone under 30: Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
  7. A book with nonhuman characters: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White  read 4/1/15
  8. A funny book: Yes, Please by Amy Poehler
  9. A book by a female author: A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley  read 4/8/15
  10. A mystery or thriller: Jackdaws by Ken Follett
  11. A book with a one-word title: Panic by Lauren Oliver  read 6/7/15
  12. A book of short stories: Hall of Small Mammals by Thomas Pierce
  13. A book set in a different country: Betrayal of the Blood Lily by Lauren Willig  read 5/11/15 
  14. A nonfiction book: Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth
  15. A popular author's first book: Sheltering Rain by Jojo Moyes
  16. A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet: The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos  read 4/22/15
  17. A book a friend recommended: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
  18. A Pulitzer Prize-winning book: Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
  19. A book based on a true story: Night by Elie Wiesel
  20. A book at the bottom of your to-read list: Atonement by Ian McEwen (I've seen the movie, and I know I don't like how this ends, but I'm going to read it anyway now.)
  21. A book your mom loves: The Color Purple by Alice Walker
  22. A book that scares you: The Likeness by Tana French
  23. A book more than 100 years old: The Sonnets by Shakespeare
  24. A book based entirely on its cover: Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins  read 3/30/15
  25. A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't: Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos (I actually wrote my senior thesis on this book....but never finished the back half.)
  26. A memoir: It Was Me All Along by Andie Mitchell
  27. A book you can finish in a day: The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski  read 1/30/15
  28. A book with antonyms in the title: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins  read 3/21/15
  29. A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit: Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout (NOLA, baby!) read 1/5/15
  30. A book that came out the year you were born: Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood
  31. A book with bad reviews: The Uninvited Guest by Sadie Jones (I went through my TBR and found a book with the lowest average rating: 2.98. Not super low, but low enough that I might not have made it a priority otherwise.)
  32. A trilogy: Shatter Me, Unravel Me, & Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi  read 4/11/15
  33. A book from your childhood: Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (a favorite re-read)
  34. A book with a love triangle: Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo  read 4/11/15
  35. A book set in the future: For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund  read 3/17/15
  36. A book set in high school: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han  read 5/29/15
  37. A book with a color in the title: Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen  read 5/20/15
  38. A book that made you cry: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes (Were there actual tears? No. But it totally would have made me cry if I were a smidge softer at heart.)  read 5/3/15
  39. A book with magic: The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas  read 5/15/15
  40. A graphic novel: Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 1 by Gail Carriger
  41. A book by an author you've never read before: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge  read 6/16/15
  42. A book you own but have never read: 1984 by George Orwell.
  43. A book that takes place in your hometown: Delirium, Lauren Oliver [Portland, ME] (I'm not originally from Maine, but I've lived in and/or near Portland for the last 11 years).
  44. A book that was originally written in a different language: Metamorphoses by Ovid
  45. A book set during Christmas: Let it Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle
  46. A book written by an author with your same initials: Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan (different middle initial, but still SB!)
  47. A play: Much Ado About Nothing by Shakespeare
  48. A banned book: Flowers in the Attic by V. C. Andrews
  49. A book based on or turned into a TV show: Mr. Kiss and Tell by Rob Thomas [based on Veronica Mars, aka the best thing ever]
  50. A book you started but never finished: Blythewood by Carol Goodman

So at the time of this posting, I've finished 22/52 books, but if I'm good about sticking to my June and July/August TBR lists, I should be able to add another 16 books. That will leave 14 more books to finish by the end of the year, which sounds completely doable to me!


Have you been keeping up with your 2015 challenge(s)? Is anybody else working on the Popsugar Challenge? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS