Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is a (totally awesome) weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


There are so many awesome books coming out in 2015 that I can barely contain the excitement....even though there are loads of 2014 books that I haven't even touched yet. If you only knew how many books I own but have never read, you'd be ashamed for me. HOWEVER - I'm still psyched about these books, and you should be too!!



1. Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman. This is the sequel to Seraphina, about which I can't speak highly enough. I really loved Hartman's take on dragons, and I also really loved her characters. Shadow Scale's expected publication date is March 10. 

2. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I know everybody is probably going to include this Beauty & the Beast retelling on their TTT lists, and for good reason. I accidentally (ACCIDENTALLY! How serendipitous!!) stumbled across Throne of Glass this summer, and Maas quickly became one of my favorite current authors. ACOTAR's expected publication date is May 5.

3. The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey. The Girl at Midnight is Melissa Grey's debut novel, and it's a suggested read for fans of Cassandra Clare and Leigh Bardugo. And it's about a race of magic people who live under New York City, and that just sounds cool. The Girl at Midnight's expected publication date is April 28.

4. Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge. Crimson Bound is a standalone retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. It looks like it'll be a great story, full of magic, adventure, and perhaps a touch of romance. We shall see. Crimson Bound's expected publication date is May 5.

5. First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen. SAA is another author whose books I came across while casually browsing the bookstore. I immediately fell in love with her writing, which opened my eyes to the whole realm of magical realism. First Frost is a sequel to Garden Spells, which is about the lovely Waverly family, and I (along with every other SAA fan) am anxiously awaiting the continuation of their story. First Frost's expected publication date is January 10.

6. A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley. I picked up my first Susanna Kearsley book based on the beautiful cover, and once I realized how great it was, I (greedily) bought up every book of hers I could find. This meant ordering copies of books from the UK that hadn't been published in the US. A Desperate Fortune is the story of a codebreaker hired to decipher the journal of a Jacobite exile in Paris. If it's like other Kearsley stories, the story will be split between the present and the past, spanning several hundred years and multiple countries. Kearsley is a master of description, so I'm really looking forward to this one. A Desperate Fortune's expected publication date is April 7.

7. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen. I wouldn't even need to read the synopsis to know that I want to read this. Sarah Dessen is a YA master, and I'll read anything she has to say. I mean, I did read the synopsis, and I do know that I'm going to pre-order this one so I can read it as soon as possible. Saint Anything's expected publication date is May 5.

8. Untitled Throne of Glass #4 by Sarah J. Maas. Like I mentioned earlier, the Throne of Glass series was a completely unexpected pleasure, and I'm anxiously awaiting this next novel. I read Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight at the end of August/ beginning of September, but I held off on starting Heir of Fire. I just didn't want to have this ginormous lag time until I could continue the series, but I cracked and started HoF over the Thanksgiving holiday. I still have a few unread novellas from The Assassin's Blade to tide me over until September 10, the expected publication date.

9. P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. This is the sequel to To All the Boys I've Loved Before, which I read in June and loved. P.S. I Still Love You continues Lara Jean's story as she tries to sort out her feelings about the boys in her life. I'm not typically a fan of books that are just about girls and boys falling in love and whatnot, but I thought Jenny Han did a great job making this a cute story that was both relatable and palatable. The expected publication date is June 2.

10. Untitled Raven Cycle #4 by Maggie Stiefvater. Confession: I've still only read The Raven Boys...I have The Dream Thieves, and I will beg or borrow (but never steal) Blue Lily, Lily Blue, but I just need to sit myself down and figure out a game plan for reading all of the books I want to read ASAP. There's not even a synopsis or expected publication date for this one, so I won't beat myself up to catch up on the series.

32 comments:

  1. I'm also super excited for the new books by Maas and Dessen. I just read my first Han novel. I'll be interested in reading that series as well. here's my post

    Thanks! I also have a $30 giveaway going on, so be sure to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! Thanks for letting me know & for checking out my list :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah... I like buying and not reading books too. I have to read Seraphina! Crimson Bound sounds really good too! I hadn't heard of First Frost before, but it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Seraphina! It wasn't like any other dragon-type story I've ever read, which was nice. I actually bought a copy for my sister so I can make her read it. And anything by Sarah Addison Allen is wonderful.

      Delete
  3. I want to read A Court of Thorns and Roses right this very second! I guess waiting until May isn't so bad. I think 2015 is going to be a great bookish year!

    MY TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! And May 5 seems to be a popular publication date... I'm hoping the winter flies by! I mean, I do every winter anyway...not a fan of the snow and ice and slush... but the 2015 books are also a great reason.

      Delete
  4. I really need to read Firebird by Kearsely. I've been meaning to since I got it last year. I thought she's an author whose work I could like. Also, I didn't know Dessen has a new one! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Firebird is so great! It draws from characters/story lines in Shadowy Horses and The Winter Sea, but it's definitely safe to read without having read the others.

      Delete
  5. I'll read anything by Sarah J Maas! And finally a new Sarah Dessen book, can't wait! Don't worry I haven't read ANY of The Raven Cycle books but I can't wait for the last one to come out so I can marathon the series. The wait is too long :( You've got great picks!!

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I constantly struggle with the decision to read books in a series as they come up or if I'd rather wait to read them all in one glorious binge!

      Delete
  6. Oooh, The Girl at Midnight is a new one for me! Added to my TBR, thanks! It sounds so good I can't believe it slipped past me for so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came across it for the first time on Monday, so don't feel bad! I'm so bad about keeping track of new books coming out!

      Delete
  7. I really want to read Seraphina and also start the Raven Cycle books! Crimson Bound sounds interesting - I'm loving all of the fairytale retellings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad fairytale retellings are so big right now! Several of my all time favorite books are retellings (Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine, Enchantment by Orson Scott Card).
      And I highly recommend Seraphina! I've been telling everybody I know that they need to read it.

      Delete
  8. I still haven't read Seraphina and Cruel Beauty but I also want to get my hands on Shadow Scale and Crimson Bound. And this reminds me to read Throne of Glass and The Raven Boys. I'm so behind series it's ridiculous LOL
    And can we talk about The Girl of Midnight?!?! DAT COVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Cruel Beauty yet either, but I'm pretty sure I have it on my Kindle. And you must must must read Throne of Glass & The Raven Boys!!

      Delete
  9. Great picks. There's a few on here that I'm really excited for that made my list - ToG4 and A Court of Thorns and Roses. Then there's the ones that I managed to forget about - like PS I Still Love You, I am so beyond excited for that book. 2015 is going to be a great year for books. I hope you enjoy all of them when you finally get to read them :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have high hopes for 2015! It's nice to have so many great books to look forward to.

      Delete
  10. Lovely choices! I'm excited for many of these as well - Crimson Bound, Court of Thorns and Roses, The Midnight Girl, but ESPECIALLY Raven Cycle #4. How will Maggie torture us this time?!

    Danielle @ Love at First Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! But I wouldn't miss that torture for the world.

      Delete
  11. I was not a fan of Seraphina, it was a bit too slow for me. I listened to the audio version so I have been tempted to try the series again but just read them. I need to read Cruel Beauty I have it on my self but have yet to get around to it! Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started out with the audiobook, but I ended up switching over to a digital copy of Seraphina. I definitely think audiobooks are a difficult format for books with unusual names and languages, so I absolutely preferred reading to listening.

      Delete
  12. I think we all have the problem of buying books and not reading them. At least, I know I do too! And I still keep going back to the bookstores for more! I'm ashamed only because I didn't know before today that there was a new Sarah Dessen book coming out next year! I'm definitely excited for that one now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a Japanese word for this! Tsundoku: Leaving a book unread after buying it, especially piled up together with other unread books. (I happened to come across this book a few days ago)

      Delete
  13. I absolutely cannot WAIT for P.S. I Still Love You. I adored To All the Boys, and this is a must have! I am quite excited about The Girl at Midnight too. Great list, and I am right there with you on all my "must read" 2014 books that are still sitting unread, all while I've pre ordered tons of 2015 books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also loved To All the Boys, and I judge people who didn't like it as much as I did. Can't wait for the new book!

      Delete
  14. The Girl at Midnight sounds like Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere meets Daughter of Smoke and Bone and therefore I AM SOLD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds so wonderful! I can't wait!

      Delete
  15. ToG #4!!! I think this is on nearly everyone's list this week - including mine! I neeeeeeed P.S. I Still Love You! I never knew it was a series until I finished To All the Boys! Saint Anything! I've been dying for a new Sarah Dessen book.
    Great list! Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! I could I forget Raven Cycle #4? I LOVE that series. I think EVERYONE is eagerly waiting for Sarah Maas books :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have not heard of Sarah Addison Allen but she sounds like an Author I would love, I'm adding her to my goodreads now!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crimson Bound is one I can't wait to read either! Great list! Thanks for visiting my post earlier.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS