Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing This Year

Top Ten Tuesday is a wicked awesome meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

     I think I am going to have a sort of strange list today. I really don't ask for books for Christmas, mostly because my mother refuses to go by wish lists, and she honestly can't be expected to keep track of books I already own. I can't even go book shopping for myself unless I have my phone & access to the Goodreads app. So the books on this TTT list are going to be a particular subset of my miles-long bookish wish list. These are the books that I would LOVE to own, but probably won't buy for myself, either because I just can't justify spending the money on myself (especially because I honestly do want ALL of the HP sets below...in addition to the full hardcover set I have at home), or I just don't know when I'll get around to them.


     So as a warning, this is by far the weirdest TTT list I've seen this week. I've only looked through a dozen or so posts, but for the most part they were all YA/other fiction (as you might expect). However, I am not ashamed! Here's the list:

1. Jane Austen & related:
The Complete Novels of Jane Austen

Jane Austen Cover to Cover
2. Beauty-related:

Pretty Honest: The Straight-talking Beauty Companion


Eat Pretty: Nutrition for Beauty, Inside and Out

3. The Opposite of Loneliness:

Lost in Translation: An Illustrated Compendium of Untranslatable Words from Around the World 


5. This book about apples (that I got made fun of for ogling at a local bookstore):

Apples of Uncommon Character: Heirlooms, Modern Classics, and Little-Known Wonders


6. Well-Read Women:

Well-Read Women: Portraits of Fiction's Most Beloved Heroines


7. Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy:

The Daughter of Smoke & Bone Trilogy Hardcover Gift Set




8. All the Harry Potter stuff I can find:
Harry Potter Box Set: The Complete Collection (Children’s Hardback)
Harry Potter Boxed Set: The Complete Collection (Adult Paperback)
Harry Potter Adult Hardback Boxed Set
Harry Potter Boxed Set - Special Edition
The Hogwarts Library Boxed Set
Harry Potter Illustrated Editions


Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Latin Edition

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Ancient Greek Edition

9. Various cookbooks:

Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence: Irresistibly Sweet, Salty, Gooey, Sticky, Fluffy, Creamy, Crunchy Treats


The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread


Urban Pantry: Tips and Recipes for a Thrifty, Sustainable and Seasonal Kitchen


The Art of Simple Food: Notes, Lessons, and Recipes from a Delicious Revolution


Standard Baking Co. Pastries


3 comments:

  1. "All the Harry Potter stuff I can find" I relate to this sentence like nobody's business LOL. I wouldn't mind getting the new Bloomsbury Hard Covers editions though... So pretty and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want Jane Austen Cover to Cover :D I have DoSaB in HC and the series collection is a MUST HAVE. Happy Holidays and I hope you get some of these!!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I know exactly what you mean here. I'd LOVE a Harry Potter boxed set (or two!) but as my family already own at least one copy of every book it seems really hard to justify buying it.

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS