Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesdsay - Top Ten Characters Who Ought to Get Their Own Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a (totally awesome) weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's TTT topic is all about the minor/background characters we want to know more about. Of course there was no way I could pare it down to just ten specific characters, so I sort of cheated on some of these. But I don't think you'll blame me!!

1. Orma, from Seraphina: Seraphina's Uncle Orma is a character with a complex history, and I want to know more about it! Orma straddles the dragon/human line very carefully, but I want to know so much more about his background and family history, since they play a significant role in the plot.

2. Chaol Westfall, from the Throne of Glass series: I've still only read Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight, although I did start The Assassin's Blade this week, but I desperately want to know more about Chaol. Again, his seemingly-tumultuous family history is especially intriguing, but I'll take anything about him that Sarah J. Maas will give us! (Just for the record...I do have Heir of Fire, but I'm trying to take my time with the series since I don't know when Book 4 is coming.)

3. Iko, from Cinder: I'm about 3/4 of the way through Cinder, and I'm heartbroken about Iko. I want more Iko. Please tell me there's more Iko!

4. Peter Kavinsky, from To All the Boys I've Loved Before: Peter is more complex than Lara Jean gave him credit for originally, and certainly more than I thought he was going to be. Perhaps the sequel will give us more?

5. Will Herondale, from the Infernal Devices series: Man, I really really liked these books. Like, WAY more than the Mortal Instruments series. And who doesn't love Will, who refuses to be loved? Yeah, I want more Will in my life.

6. Puck, from the Iron Fey series: Now, I'm nearly finished with the first book in this series, so for all I know there is much more Puck to come. That would be fine by me, but if there isn't, I absolutely want to know more about Puck. And with such an old character, the possibilities never end!

7. Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, from the Anne of Green Gables series: Matthew and Marilla were by no means spring chickens when Anne came into their lives, and I want to know more about their younger years. Maybe not their childhood, which seems like it wasn't the happiest, but certainly their late teens, early twenties. I want to know about shy Matthew's encounters with the ladies, and about Marilla's doomed relationship with Mr. Blythe.

8. Pretty much everybody from The Night Circus: Well, I say everybody, but I especially want to know more about Widget, Poppet, and Bailey. 

9. Pretty much everybody from the Hunger Games series: Who wouldn't want to know more about Haymitch's generation? Or the very early Panem years? Or about Effie Trinket? Or about Gale or Peeta or any of Katniss's other contemporaries?

10. Absolutely everybody from Harry Potter: I want to know more about the older generation, and I want to know about the younger generation, and I want to know more about Dumbledore, and I pretty much just want JK Rowling to keep producing Harry Potter material for the rest of my life. But I also really love the Cormoran Strike series, so I guess I would be ok with her splitting her time between the two series.

10 comments:

  1. I couldn't get into the Infernal Devices, but may give it another try as I loved the Mortal Instruments. I picked Rue from the Hunger Games, but think Haymitch would be a really interesting read.
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the Infernal Devices before I read the Mortal Instruments, so that may be why gravitate more toward the ID series. Not sure! And Rue's story would definitely be a good read!

      Delete
  2. Oh, yes, Chaol! I am a little in love with him and would very much Iike to see him have his own book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! Marilla and Matthew would be so fun to read about - especially their childhood. Cinder is on my TBR. I haven't gotten to it yet but I'm dying to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iko is a popular choice today. I hope Marissa is reading everybody's posts. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iko is my FAVORITE character from the Lunar chronicles and I love that despite not being a "human" character Marr makes up empathize so much with her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW do i love your idea about Will Herondale! i didn't even think about that when writing this week's post for wholly-books! great idea Sarah I love it! i could totally read a whole spin off series just about Will.
    www.wholly-books.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes re THG!! And Harry Potter, too. But I forgot about #TeamPuck, and I'd be so down for that. Widget & Poppet from TNC also. OMG, too many good ones here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I like the idea of Marilla and Matthew! I hadn't thought of them, and it would be very interesting to hear their own experiences with Anne and how they were when they were Anne's age. Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if Marilla was more like Anne than she would care to admit; especially as she eventually admits that she was head-strong and wouldn't forgive Mr. Blythe. Good idea!
    And yes, not to spoil anything, but there is definitely more of Iko! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS